Software Category Manager
Salary £65,000 - £90,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Sam Trinder
Date posted 25 October 2018 2018-10-252018-12-24 banking UK
My global investment banking client is looking to take on an experienced senior software category manager to join their large, successful team. The Software Category Manager opportunity will be based in the City of London and will require a specific knowledge of software providers including Microsoft, Oracle and IBM. The team is global and well established with a great vibe as well as a lot of opportunity for learning, growth and career progression.
Role Title: Software Category Manager
- Global strategy lead, planningand implementation of Category plans
- sub-category spend management of circa $100-$150M and delivery of competitive advantage for thebusiness through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation
- Software Supplier Management of up-to 100 Software Suppliers and sourcing of new cost effective vendors
- Senior exectutive level Stakeholder engagement to tailor category plans
- Collaborate with global businesses and global stakeholders of various levels of seniority, influencing regarding Category direction, procurement approaches and methodology
- Ensure buyers adhere to subcategory strategy, providing guidance and instruction as necessary
- Constant category progression and improvements: optimization of spend, rationalization of the Supplier base etc
- Become a trusted procurement advisor based on your knowledge, your delivery and optimization of your category
- Attend leadership meetings, provide procurement steer, insights and reports
- Liaise with the country Heads of Procurement, country teams and Procurement Operations teams to prioritise and schedule all strategic sourcing initiatives for the year, in alignment with business needs
- The Category Manager will be responsible for one procurement category.
- The spend managed by the Category Manager will be between $250-500M USD per annum.
- Number of suppliers = c3,000
- Category Manager is accountable for the negotiation of contracts of unlimited value subject to final approval by the Chief Procurement Officer or Group Chief Executive.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Has 7 or more years of Procurement related roles
- Has 3 or more years of Software Procurement related roles, within that 7 years.
- Has defined and managed and implemented Software Category plan in a large organisation
- Experience in leading negotiations, of large value, with Enterprise Applications providers i.e Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP etc.
- Understand wide range of licensing applications and negotiating best in class
- Worked within complex organizations and worked to the pace and drive required
- Has a degree or CIPS related qualification