Vendor Management Strategy Consultant
Salary £100000 - £101000 per annum
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 22 February 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior Vendor Management Consultant to join one of the biggest Reinsurance companies in the World. This is a key hire and a new role, they are looking for an experienced candidate with a consultancy background to develop and implement vendor management from a greenfield site.
In this role, the Vendor Management Strategy Consultant will be responsible for enhancing supplier performance and innovation, identifying and exploiting global synergies as they relate to sourcing, and building the strategic sourcing capabilities in the Global Sourcing team.
The Vendor Management Strategy Consultant will own and develop the vendor management and innovation frameworks and ensure specialist resources are deployed and managed appropriately to deliver most value to the business.
The Vendor Management Strategy Consultant identifies, creates and delivers on areas that expands the sourcing service model for the Operating Units and Divisions of the business. Working with internal and external stakeholders and experts in building and improving solutions that enhance the client/customer experience. The Vendor Management function is accountable for managing projects that have long range sourcing impact.
Key Accountabilities for the Vendor Management Strategy Consultant VP
- Providing Vendor Management consultancy expertise to the business, developing and implementing Category Strategies and agreeing strategic vendor sourcing solutions to support Category Strategies
- Ensuring superior solutions are developed for the benefit of Sourcing Business Partners and Category Management Strategies
- Developing best practice for defining and developing processes to support the Acquisition Integration Framework, new Product Development, Client Solutions and global synergies
- Developing the Strategic Vendor Management Performance and Innovation Framework of the business
- Developing tools and templates to ensure effective measurement of strategic vendor management activities, aligned to the corporate Procurement Balanced Scorecard
- Ensuring that Sourcing staff have appropriate skills and training to deliver strategic vendor sourcing activities
- Developing innovation standard clauses to include in the contracting process
- Ensuring vendor management systems and/or processes are "fit for purpose" and compliance measures are in place
- Providing vendor solutions and Innovation expertise to feed the annual planning process, as well the coordination with key sourcing and business personnel
- Organising company wide best practice and information sharing events to drive innovation
- Ensuring the business and client expectations of Strategic Vendor Management activities are properly managed
- Bachelor's degree required at minimum, Master's degree preferred, in fields such as business administration or finance.
- Experience working within financial services, preferably within the insurance sector
- Strong preference for CIPS or similar professional qualification
- Lean Six Sigma or similar qualification highly desirable
- Very strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills are a must
- Excellent vendor management experience and skills required
- Excellent command of English required
Apply now to this exciting opportunity or contact me directly for more information