Group Supply Chain Manager
Consultant Susannah Warrington
Date posted 06 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters has partnered with Weir Minerals to recruit a Group Supply Chain Manager to join their team based out of their site in Todmorden, one of the largest in their global network.
Weir Minerals is a FTSE 250 listed business and a global leader in the provision of mill circuit technology and services, as well as the market leader in slurry handling equipment and associated aftermarket support for abrasive high wear applications. Their differentiated technology is used in mining, oil & gas and general industrial markets around the world.
As Group Supply Chain Manager, you will be accountable for Warehouse, Shipping, Purchasing and Order Fulfilment which covers Planning, Expediting and Inventory. You will be involved in the strategic management and performance of the supply chain function with special emphasis towards On Time Delivery for Supplier, Aftermarket and Original Equipment and you will oversee approximately 45 employees, inventory of circa £17M and the delivery of a monthly customer order book in excess of £10M.
Key Responsibilities of the role and specific accountabilities:
- Effective management of the team in line with Weir policies
- Develop succession plans for critical roles within supply chain
- Ensure all team members have a development plan which is aligned with their KPIs and the supply chain strategy
- Ensure training and development is identified with action plans followed through
- Evaluate and plan staffing levels for all functions to achieve business objectives
Interface of supply chain:
- Highlight areas of improvement in the supply chain plan to meet the current business plan
- Develop clear KPIs to be presented at all levels of the business
- To be able to understand and report on their ability throughout the month to meet output targets
Oversee the purchasing function:
- Ensure priorities and methods best balance the needs of the business and customers
- Ensure a reliable and flexible supply base
- Lead new supplier activity in such a way that ensure the performance of the business
- To achieve total cost savings to the business
- Reduce supplier quality issues and errors in both parts and paperwork
Lead and drive the warehousing function:
- Proactively find ways to store assets keeping in line with company policy
- Implement strategy to minimise lead-times between actions, including a targeted same day processing time for warehouse functions
- Ensure all members of the team operate in a safe environment using appropriate material and manual handling techniques
- Identify most appropriate transport methods and routes, ensure plan is deployed
- Ensure shipping paperwork is maintained accurately and efficiently
Strategic direction of planning and expediting function:
- Provide a day to day production plan to balance these requirements
- Providing a view of the business’ capacities and lead-times to support the customers
- Provide priority lists to the manufacturing and procurement teams to ensure site performance
- Maintain optimum inventory levels
- Participate in the order acceptance process to guarantee customer OTD
To develop and implement the S&OP process:
- Implement the S&OP process linking both supply plan, demand plan to the business plan
- Hold monthly meetings to review this output highlighting any gaps in supply or demand and any risk to the annual business plan
- Develop mid to long term plans to develop effective distribution networks to support the changing business.
Manage the strategic supply chain:
- Ensure a continued improvement of supply chain activities
- Reduce lead times and cost to the business
- A Goal of zero errors in the standard process
- Establish the supply chain participate and add value to the engineering, sales, marketing and other departments
- Ideally degree qualified or overseas equivalent
- Experience using LEAN, APICS or Six Sigma methodology would be advantageous
- Proven track record working as a Supply Chain Manager with full end to end remit working within a high value low volume manufacturing environment.
- A proven track record implementing a supply chain strategy with positive results.
- The ability to lead change with a positive and engaging approach with an enjoyment of identifying and developing talent.
- The ability to motivate and guide others to achieve, set objectives by gaining commitment and providing direction and recognition.
- Advanced SAP experience
Weir Minerals is an innovative and exciting business able to call on over nearly 150 years of expertise making them one of the world’s largest engineering businesses. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented Supply Chain Manager to join a business which is still continuing to grow and offers excellent opportunity for growth and development.
For more information please contact email@example.com / +44 (0)161 214 7438