Group Category Manager
Salary car allowance
Consultant Neil Morgan
Date posted 12 April 20192019-04-15 2019-06-11 manufacturing-and-production UK Domino Printing Services
Robert Walters are working with Domino Printing to recruit a Global Category Manager – Aftermarket to be based at their brand new facility in Liverpool.
Domino Printing UK (part of Brother Industries) is a market leader in digital printing and traceability solutions (such as industrial coders) for sectors as diverse as food, beverage, life sciences, packaging, cleaning, personal care, building and construction.
Domino has ambitious growth plans and have invested heavily in future technology at their new manufacturing facility in Bootle. The Aftermarket and Consumables market is a key area of growth for the business as the business further develops different product offerings and key to this is a robust sourcing strategy.
Main Purpose of the Global Category Manager role:
Reporting into the Group Procurement Director, the Global Category Manager will design and implement the aftermarket strategies that deliver long-term goals and short-term objectives for the Purchasing and Development teams across the Domino Group
- Drive sourcing projects and improvement programmes to ensure that sourcing solutions are implemented to achieve Domino’s aspirations in terms of technology, resources, capability and cost.
- Identify and develop the supply base. Ensure that new sources meet Group selection criteria and that best possible pricing and contractual terms are obtained for local and export requirements.
- Provide leadership in sourcing, purchasing and supplier management best practice. Define best practice and Domino minimum standards for all sourcing and key purchasing processes and ensure all sites understand minimum requirements and have the skills to deploy them.
- Research emerging trends and techniques in sourcing and purchasing practice and drive the adoption of appropriate practices to refine and deliver strategic objectives.
- Establish targets and measures for sourcing projects and improvement programmes, including the demonstration of supplier, product and process capability in the shortest possible timeframes.
- Degree qualified or equivalent qualification e.g. CIPS/MCIPS
- Considerable experience of working in a strategic sourcing role within a fast-paced environment
- Experience of complex contract negotiation in an aftermarket/trading environment
- Experience of assessing and developing suppliers’ strengths and weaknesses
- Used to working with multi-functional teams, across different countries and cultures
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels, inside and outside of the organisation
- Strong communication and management skills to be able to drive through strategy and change.
If you are interested in the role then “click” to apply or contact Neil Morgan at email@example.com at Robert Walters for further information