Senior Purchasing Manager European Packaging Lead
Salary car allowance
Consultant Lee Carey
Date posted 30 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
PZ Cussons is looking for a Senior Purchasing Manager – European Packaging Lead to join its dynamic consumer products group.
PZ Cussons is an innovator of some of the world's best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, they operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Their world-class supply chain and distribution networks enables them to meet the global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives. Their brands range from Imperial Leather to Cussons Baby, Original Source, Morning Fresh to St.Tropez.
Main Purpose of the Senior Purchasing Manager European Packaging Lead role:
Reporting into the European Head of Procurement, the Senior Purchasing Manager will develop and implement a European Sourcing Strategy, leveraging global opportunities and aligning best practice across the European Procurement Teams.
The role will closely with the Global Packaging Procurement Lead and will support the European implementation of the Global Packaging strategy.
Other Duties to include:
- Managing a $30m budget for packaging including key commodities (resins, paper and metal)
- Support new product development, ensure timely supply of new packaging materials and minimize the cost or inventory impact.
- Support sourcing projects for European based suppliers for other Global regions.
- Deliver annual savings target based on margin improvement plan using "best in class" procurement techniques.
- Lead and participate in projects engaging both internal and external stakeholders within the group.
- Leading a small team (direct and indirectly) creating a "best in class" procurement function.
- Develop robust relationships with strategic vendors ensuring PZ gets the best price / quality and service available in the market.
- Leverage SAP reporting to conduct category spend analysis for packaging materials.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent, including CIPS.
- Minimum 6 years packaging procurement experience within a global matrix FMCG organisation
- Gravitas and personal credibility to interact at a senior level in a successful PLC environment.
- Proficient in SAP
- Motivated to achieve performance and results through energy and drive.
- The ability to motivate and guide others to achieve set objectives by gaining commitment and providing direction and recognition.
- Working cross functionally and with stakeholders to deliver common objectives.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, sharing information with confidence, enthusiasm and with an impact that promotes understanding.
This is an excellent opportunity within a Global and innovative FMCG business and PZ offers excellent career opportunities.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants will be managed by Robert Walters.