Graduate PR Assistant
Salary £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Consultant Hannah Bloom
Date posted 02 June 2022midlands marketing/professional-services 2022-06-02 2022-08-01 recruitment-consultancy Birmingham West Midlands GB B1 2LP GBP 20000 25000 25000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Job: Graduate PR Assistant Salary: circa £25,000 Location: Birmingham City Centre (hybrid working) Permanent
Are you looking for a role in a growing global business?
Have you just graduated or looking for a career change?
I am currently recruiting for a PR Assistant to join the UK Makreting team.
What to expect in the PR Assistant role:
Build strong relationships and networks with colleagues, clients and the media and answer enquiries from the media and other organisations
Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs, for opportunities for clients
Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media
Collate and analyse media coverage
Write and edit in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports
prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
Devise photo opportunities and coordinate studio or location photography
organise events (such as press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours), source speakers and seek out sponsorship opportunities
Maintain and update information on the organisation's website
Manage and update information and engage with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook
Prepare regular client reports and attend client meetings
commission market research
Undertake research for new business proposals and present them to potential new clients
Foster good community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
Skills needed for the PR:
You'll need to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including effective writing skills
- Self-confidence, drive, competence and a willingness to learn
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Flexibility, determination, enthusiasm and the ability to cope under pressure, creativity, imagination and initiative
- Good teamwork, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs
- The ability to think strategically, for planning successful PR campaigns
- The capacity to prioritise tasks and projects effectively.