Group Marketing Director
Salary £Competitive Salary
Consultant Lucy Bisset
Date posted 12 December 2016
The Brookson Group delivers technology enabled professional services to users of the flexible workforce, contractors and freelance professionals and small businesses. As it develops its services across its 3 key service lines, the business needs a Group Marketing Director to lead the creation and management of an aligned corporate brand and the deployment of that brand and appropriate marketing strategies through its different service lines.
The role of the Group Marketing Director is critical to the success of the Brookson Group as it will manage our market reputation through developing and delivering clear brand proposition to our target audiences and leading on corporate development and go to market strategy. The Group Marketing Director will set our marketing strategy (products, markets, positioning) across all three service lines. He/she will drive leads for our products and services through a number of key channels (customer referral, web, PR, social, events, analysts, media, etc). The role will also be responsible for providing appropriate marketing services to the other sales channels across the three service lines.
As overall marketing lead for the business, this role with sit on the Group Board and report to the Group CEO.
Key responsibilities for the Group Marketing Director include:
- Develop & lead the implementation of our marketing strategy including the definition of target markets (size, vertical and geographic), our brand and positioning strategy that aligns with the overall company strategy
- Develop and manage the Brookson brand seeking input and getting buy in from key management team
- Identify and plan new market entry within the context of the overall strategy
- Define and implement the plan for external relations with objective to maximize positive coverage of the company and its products
- Implement the PR and social plan to raise awareness and consideration of the company and its products
- Line manage all marketing employees and agencies to deliver the plan and activities above
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Execute programmes to address at risk customers (retaining them), and through email and Connect deliver key message to reinforce value to boost retention.
- Develop and deliver the product marketing plan
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
- Develop and deliver our strategic and product partnership plan to support our go to market and to extend our proposition
The successful candidate:
- Strong commercial marketing experience with a data and MI background, experience within a FMCG environment will be beneficial
- Ideally Bachelors or Masters degree in Marketing, and qualified professional chartered marketer (CIM) (or overseas experience)
- Experienced as a senior function head in a professional services or technology business
- Experienced leading and developing a marketing function (particularly through periods of change and growth)
- Proven track record in delivering new customers through customer referral, web and direct to customer sales channels
- Experience of brand development and management in an equivalent business environment
- Sound financial and budgetary management experience and solid commercial acumen
- Strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills, with high attention to detail
If you are interested in learning more about the Group Marketing Director role at Brookson please contact Lucy Bisset at email@example.com or 0161 214 7400.
All 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to Robert Walters.