Consultant Sophie Brown
Date posted 01 November 2016
A top 100, award winning legal firm are looking to bring on an enthusiastic and experienced Events Executive to join their team in central London.
About the role
Reporting into the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Events Executive will have responsibility in delivering up to 120 events per year across the entire firm. These will vary from small and regular breakfast briefings to annual large scale events. In addition, the Events Executive will act as an advisor to the business in relation to best practice approaches to event management and will be responsible for appraising the success of events.
- Event project management – taking the initial brief for events, working alongside the Business Development Executives and fee earners to advise and consult on event concepts
- Identifying event formats, securing dates and arranging venue visits
- Negotiating rates and liaising with caterers, event partners, venue staff and other providers
- Working alongside the Head of Marketing & BD and Marketing & Communications Manager to establish and monitor budgets
- Preparing and designing invitations using eMarketing tools to create engaging and effective copy
- Advertising events through various communication channels including the firm’s website and social media accounts and where appropriate identifying opportunities to further promote with event partners
- Coordinating event debriefs and identifying follow up opportunities with relevant fee earners and Business Development Executives
- Identifying possible Business Development opportunities arising from events and running pre and post event appraisals
The successful Events Executive will have already gained a good amount of events experience, preferably within professional services and will be educated to degree level or equivalent. It is essential that they are extremely organised, are able to work under pressure, have strong interpersonal and communication skills and are able to build relationships with a wide range of people.
About the company
For an enthusiastic, diplomatic and creative Events professional, this award winning legal firm is able to provide great opportunities for individuals wishing to progress their career within this discipline. Based in central London, the Business Development and Marketing team are very supportive and friendly and are looking for someone who can join their team and help contribute to their success.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.