Media Relations Manager
Salary £35000 - £45000 per annum
Consultant Mark Constable
Date posted 07 September 2016
One of the largest companies companies in Banking is looking for a Media Relations Manager to assist them with their UK Communications Strategy. The role will focus on the management of media enquiries, alongside proactive engagement activities. You will have a good working knowledge of External Communications, Banking and would have ideally worked within a large national/global organisation.
As the Media Relations Manager, you will be a key contributor the the bank's reputation in the UK. Your role will require a mix of strategic thinking and hands on development.
Key Responsibilities for a Media Relations Manager:
- Increase the volume and quality of the bank's media coverage
- Support the overall corporate media strategy
- Create a consistent approach to all external communications across the UK
- Handle all potential issues that might have a negative impact on the business
- You will report into the Head of Media Relations
- Expected to work with a high degree of autonomy
- The role holder will need to be comfortable working for a large and complex organisation
- The role holder will also need to build strong relationships both in and out of the large communications team.
- Have sufficient credibility to represent the bank
- Have worked in a Media Relations team
- Enjoy creating strong storytelling plans
- Be confident when presenting to senior stakeholders
- Have an understanding of Banking and broader financial services
- Have proven ability working under pressure and to deadlines
About the organisation:
- One of the largest financial services companies globally
- Key offices across the UK including London and Birmingham
- The communications team has a reputation for creating strong, dynamic and engaging communications plans to a wide variety of audiences.
If you are interested in this position and believe you have the correct skill sets required, then please apply via the advert or alternatively contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 509 8096.