Digital Marketing Manager
Salary £45000 - £50000 per annum
Consultant Fiona McDonough
Date posted 20 September 2016
A leading publisher are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to join their Marketing Department in central London on a permanent basis.
About the Digital Marketing Manager role:
The role will require you to have a passion for all things digital, whilst also understanding customer retention and acquisition. This role will report into the Head of Acquisition.
Key responsibilities for the Digital Marketing Manager role will include:
- Develop and implement online B2C sales strategies and plans to drive digital traffic and sales and manage within cost budget in the UK and Ireland
- Develop efficient methods of testing propositions, channels and audience targeting techniques to deliver the optimal level of customer sales
- Be informed by hard data, modifying plans and strategies in response to sales performance data analysis. Be the main source of knowledge on what drives traffic that sells
- Lead the development of the organisation’s affiliate marketing program, taking a pro-active approach to building strategic business partnerships with 3rd parties and developing innovative affiliate propositions. Undertake real-time reviews of the impact of affiliate marketing campaigns on sales performance, and adjust incentive structures accordingly to deliver the maximum ROI
- Effectively manage the media agency and other third party agencies/relationships to drive optimal performance and cost effectiveness
- Ensure strategies & plans are defined, targets are in place & activity is regularly reviewed
- Develop business cases for all significant activity, taking input from Finance and the Sales Planning and Execution Manager where required, and take ownership of activity P&Ls
- Deliver a world class customer experience for subscription prospects, educating, informing and converting them to the right subscription products at the optimum price
- Continually improve the core metrics of consideration and conversion including all checkout and funnel metrics
- Work in collaboration with the Acquisition team to optimise online customer journeys across web, tablet and mobile platforms to drive acquisition and increase rates of conversion from casual to committed products, to ultimately deliver the maximum life time value customers
- Develop efficient multi-variant testing plans in order to maximise conversion across all campaigns and propositions, overseeing technical and creative development of multi-variant activities by the Technology and Marketing Communications teams
- Integrate customer segmentation into the online experience, targeting offers and creative differently depending on customer attributes
- Take a pro-active “test and learn” approach to multi-variant testing, modifying plans and strategies in response to sales performance data analysis
- Improve performance of the function / department through the analysis of existing business processes, identifying innovative alternatives and recommendations for more effective or efficient ‘ways of working’ / product / service
The department are looking for you to be a strategic thinker that is highly motivated and able to work in a fat paced, demanding environment.
Important attributes for this role include:
- Experience of online sales
- Demonstrable target driven approach to sales and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of managing/ optimising online customer journeys
- Thorough understanding of tools and techniques used in online communications, SEO and affiliate marketing
- Thorough understanding of News UK Marketing strategy and how Sales & Circulation can support this strategy
- Deep understanding of shoppers and the newspaper industry
- Comparative understanding of all online marketing channels
- Expertise in performance monitoring / tracking and budget management
- Good at working as part of cross functional team
About the organisation:
The organisation are an exciting, innovative and fast paced market leader in the publishing and reporting world. They offer great employee development options and will support you throughout your career with them. They are based in central London.
Click below to apply today.