CRM Email Developer
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Emma Sargeant
Date posted 02 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Wiggle are currently recruiting for an experienced CRM Email Developer to join the team based in Portsmouth. As the CRM Email Developer, you will report directly into the group sales promotion lead, working closely to establish and maintain consistency of approach to display advertising across each brand and country.
Wiggle inspires everybody, everywhere, everyday; to experience the joy of sport. Wiggle is an online retailer of Cycle, Run, Swim, Triathlon & Outdoor product, in over 100 countries. With offices in Portsmouth (UK), Wolverhampton (UK), Taipei (ROC) and Sydney (AUS), Wiggle are a truly global company; with multi-language websites, customer services, and free worldwide delivery. Wiggle staff live the brand. Being cyclists, runners, swimmers and outdoor enthusiasts; they share a love of sport.
Being active in the great outdoors is a great way to get people together, create a sense of fulfilment and enjoy life. Wiggle’s aim is to give as many people as possible the choice to access-cycling and tri-sports; to experience aforementioned benefits for themselves. Wiggle’s staff live the brand. Being cyclists, runners, swimmers and outdoor enthusiasts; they share a love of sport.
CRM Email Developer key role responsibilities:
- Build and translate HTML templates from visual mockups.
- Perform day to day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging, proofing and deployment of one time, recurring, triggered and dynamic content driven campaigns for our different markets and countries.
- Work across multiple projects, ensuring they are prioritised and delivered on time and on budget.
- Ensure all campaigns are aligned with the company’s overall strategy, branding, marketing and sales goals
- Develop the process of automating customer programmes, track customer behaviour and implement necessary changes to these programs.
- Work as part of a team to manage the technical process of automating customer campaigns. Including content development and delivery, ensuring consistency with existing work and in line with brand principles.
- Improve internal methods for email marketing delivery and expand the automation of processes.
CRM Email Developer key requirements:
- Experienced skills in HTML and CSS, ideally in relation to email development.
- At least 1-2 years experience in Email or Web Development
- Knowledge of advanced personalisation and segmentation of customer databases, that create conditions that govern the presentation of content to customers.
- Optimise email for various email clients on web and mobile platform
- Experience with leading customer marketing and/or customer systems experience (Oracle, Salesforce, Adobe, Silverpop or similar level)
- Knowledge of email best practices and testing methodologies.
- Keep up to date email marketing best practices with coding, design and testing of email campaigns
- Experience with responsive development and testing for a wide variety of screen sizes and devices.
- Experience with A/B split testing to improve the customer experience.
- Hardworking approach to all tasks, committed to developing the best solution and providing the best customer experience.
- A creative approach - committed to innovation and a flair for problem solving
- A keen interest in eCommerce and Digital Marketing
- Sound organisation and planning skills with an eye for detail
- You will be adaptable, with the ability to manage multiple work plans and to prioritise work within an agreed timeframe.
- Ability to work in a close team in a dynamic working environment
- An open attitude to working in a collaborative environment
- A curiosity for customer experience and building experiences through digital platforms
- A passion for the customer journey
- Ability to be flexible with work duties and hours as required by the team and business, and able to attend other sites for which travel may be required
- Good commercial awareness, and recent awareness of eCommerce Retail practice
- Experience with IBM Marketing Cloud/Silverpop
- A keen appreciation for the delivery of a service to other functions of the business
- Experience with workflow automation such as Gulp or Grunt.
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with marketing technology and understanding of best practices
- An interest in the cycling industry
If you are interested in applying for the role, please apply below.