£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
18 October 2018
Robert Walters are working with a client in Bedfordsire for the recruitment of a NPD Manager.
You will be joining a well established business in Bedfordshire as a NPD Manager. The purpose of this role is to develop and launch new and/or upgraded product concepts.
You will be building and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
New Product Development
- To ensure the business is at the forefront of innovation and aware of new competitor launches.
- To be part of the customer category team working alongside all internal functions to deliver best in class NPD.
- To ensure that all new products are developed in line with product briefs. These must be commercial work in practice.
- To take ownership of the NPD process by helping put in place procedures and a clear workable process, which is clearly defined within the business. Ensure compliance and communication at each stage effectively both internally & externally
- To ensure that all raw materials sourced are in line with preferred suppliers & customer brand standards.
- To ensure that customer presentations are carried out professionally and knowledgeably at all times.
- To manage the delivery of NPD from respective sites from concept to launch including managing customer visits.
- To ensure that all developments satisfy price, quality, technical & operational parameters by means of a feasibility process.
- Ensure that all products developed are in line with company strategy
- Ensure that all developments are well communicated to all internal functions
- Ensure all customer NPD plans are regularly reviewed & updated
- Modify existing recipes to the given requirements eg. upgrading, reducing cost, reducing salt etc.
- To ensure that product bench-marking and new product panels are being carried out both internally & externally (with customers)
- Ensure that the team work with a "can-do" attitude challenging and innovating ahead of our competitors
- Work closely with account managers to bring direction & NPD focus
Innovation & Market Awareness
- To ensure a rolling NPD programme with aligned customer through projected NPD plans.
- Carry out all necessary bench-marking activity on a regular basis.
- Attend/Lead innovation, brainstorming & ingredient workshops when required.
- To have a strong awareness of consumer trends – work closely with marketing to improve customer insight
- To coordinate and communicate the status of all NPD projects
- Ensure a close working relationship with the Sales team
- Attend internal & external taste panels when required
- Attend and lead weekly NPD meetings
- Attend site development meetings when possible
- Conduct store visits on a regular basis
- Ensure a close working relationship with the aligned site
- To be aware of and comply with customer brand standards and FSA standards
Knowledge and Skills/Training/Experience
- 5 years experience in an NPD manager role with retail customer experience.
- Great project & time management skills
- Skills & experience of customer contact including presentations
- Drive & impetus to go out & seek new ideas and drive to launch
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills at all level
- Able to work both as an individual & a team player
- Need to be creative and have a thirst for knowledge
- Not frightened to challenge the "norm"
- Ability to create a favourable first impression, project yourself well and present with confidence
- Have an outgoing & confident approach
- Basic computer literacy – excel, word, powerpoint
- Excellent presentation skills