Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Jim Brown
Date posted 10 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, a leader in the Marketing & Advertising field are looking for a commercially minded and analytical Accountant to join their sociable team in West London.
- Reporting to the Deputy Commercial Director the role will be responsible for Profit & Loss of a roster of clients; including but not limited to revenue, margin, accruals, deferrals, WIP, and timesheet completion and analysis
- Client work will include preparing estimates for jobs, estimating annual fees / retainers in partnership with clients and Business Leads, contract review work in liaison with CD and Legal, client fee reconciliations as needed, and any other ad hoc work as needed by the account Business Lead
- Ensure business contract compliance on client roster
- Clients in job roster is approximately 25% of company revenue.
- Liaison with Finance team to ensure own Client roster revenue reported correctly, accrued & deferred income posted accurately and variances understood and reported.
- Responsible for commercial liaison with the In house production arm included but not limited to ensuring it is in line with company processes regarding WIP / recs / Billing / Revenue recognition etc, commercial liaison, month-end integration with the company, ensuring correct cross-charging, any other ad-hoc projects and analysis required
- Any other ad-hoc projects
- Qualified accountant with at least 1 years PQE in a commercial / reporting / analysis role
- Outgoing personality, with energy and ambition
- Able to build relationships with Account Management team, and able to explain financial information to non-finance staff
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness to business stake holders
- Able to challenge the norm, embrace and suggest change where needed
- Self-motivating and able to work independently
- Someone who is proactive, looks to help and can bring ideas to the table and deliver on those ideas
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills pivot tables, lookups etc.
- Analysis skills - able to provide insight into variances and business plans
- Able to liaise and empathise with a Finance Department and deliver to their deadlines
- Experience of advertising industry not essential but experience of media or creative business is desirable.
- Exposure to senior management of a media business