Legal Counsel - Technology
Location Welwyn Garden CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 16 May 20192019-05-16 2019-07-15 legal Welwyn Garden City Hertfordshire GB GBP 70000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A leading retail brand is seeking a Tech Lawyer to join their innovative in-house team. The successful candidate will report into the Head of Legal - Tech and can expect close collaboration with the business and a very broad, commercial workload.
The successful candidate will be:
- Advising on a varied range of complex, high profile and business critical tech contracts;
- Providing support on disputes, liaising with the specialist in-house dispute resolution team and external advisors as necessary;
- Providing adhoc legal advice and support on a range of issues including IP, Data Protection, IT litigation, TUPE;
- Considering stakeholders concerns and spotting other issues: working with the business (not just for them) and adding value;
- Thinking "outside of the box" to come up with practical and innovative commercial solutions to problems;
- Outsourcing and managing the outsourcing of complex matters to external law firms where necessary.
The successful candidate will need:
- 2-6 years PQE technology experience, gained at a leading law firm. Candidates of all experience levels will be considered on merit;
- In-house experience, which may have been gained on secondment (preferred but not essential);
- Strong enthusiasm for Tech and wide-ranging commercial contracts experience is essential;
- A calm demeanour and an ability to work collaboratively under pressure are desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Aleisha Murray: firstname.lastname@example.org.