Legal Counsel - Media
Salary £70,000 - £85,000 per annum
Location West End
Consultant Jon Lucas
Date posted 27 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Global media organisation based in Central London are hiring a Legal Counsel to cover a period of maternity leave for six months. This position starts in August.
About the Role
Working in a small team the Legal Counsel will enjoy a broad remit of work including:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts relating to acquisition, licensing, marketing, production, syndication and distribution
- Draft and negotiating technology agreements covering the acquisition, development, implementation and maintenance of systems & services
- Managing external counsel
- Leading internal legal training programmes
- Reviewing intellectual property issues
- Dealing with legal matters for the entire EMEA region
The company believes that the work is best suited to candidates with at least 6 years’ PQE but all applications will be considered on merit. You must possess in-house media experience in the UK, ideally having covered the vast majority of matters listed in the specification above.
It is essential that the successful candidate is able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle internal clients presenting a constantly changing set of priorities.
You must be available to start a role in August.