Legal Assistant - 6 months FTC
Salary £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Consultant Nisha Jassi
Date posted 13 September 20192019-09-13 2019-10-13 legal Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 20000 25000 25000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Secretary to join a national law firm who are highly rated in the Legal 500 based in Birmingham.
About the role
This is a superb opportunity for a dynamic and proactive Legal Secretary who will support multiple fee earners up to partner level. The role would be an initial 6 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave, but this period may be extended.
The team carry out work which comprises of three key elements; Acquisitions, Plot Support work and Plot Sales. The successful candidate should be confident liaising with clients, proactively organising and managing diaries and taking the lead on tasks to ensure a seamless service is provided.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Experience in residential conveyancing i.e. can complete AP1s, draft SDLTs, apply for OS1s
- SIMs and searches etc (online), chase solicitors and Local Authority’s etc when required.
- Issue contract packs, close down files etc (preferable)
- Excellent typing speeds
- Efficient diary management skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent organisations skills
- Attention to detail
- Previously has used a case management system
- Organised with time and documents
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible, can do approach
- Team player
Previous experience within an property department would be a distinct advantage, but is not essential
About the Firm
This firm are leading experts in corporate and commercial law and are ranked in the Legal 500. They specialise in all aspects of legal services, including corporate, commercial, banking, real estate, restructuring, technology, construction, employment, pensions, dispute resolution, regulatory, private.
For further details about this Legal Secreatry role or similar roles please get in touch with Nisha Jassi on 0121 260 2562 or firstname.lastname@example.org