Professional Indemnity Lawyer
Consultant Daniel Harris
Date posted 08 January 2019 2019-01-082019-03-09 legal London London GB GBP 60000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading provider in estate agency, mortgage services, land and new homes are seeking to hire a professional indemnity lawyer to act as ‘in-house’ adviser and business interface in relation to all things PI.
• Investigate and prepare responses to claims and oversee the in-house handling of claim defences within Protocol as appropriate without the need for reference to costly external panel solicitors.
• To liaise with the Claims Administrator in relation to notification of complaints, coverage issues, provisions, reserving and payments.
• To liaise with the Claims Administrator and CCS and CSS as required in relation to the provision of MI.
• Ensuring optimal use of panel solicitors particularly in terms of cost, including negotiating terms of reference and charges; monitoring legal defence costs; allocating instructions to panel firms; analysing and critically evaluating the advice and recommendations made by panel solicitors.
• Instructing and managing the relationship with Loss Adjusters and panel law firms.
• Liaise with claimants (typically lenders, survey clients, purchasers, sellers) and their professional advisers/lawyers to ensure they provide necessary information and documents and in appropriate cases engage with them to resolve claims.
• Minimum three years relevant PQE, including proven legal experience of handling litigation and ideally professional negligence claims relating to property defect and property valuations (residential mortgage valuations but commercial lending valuations experience also an advantage) and conveyancing.
• A commercial and practical approach to problem solving.
• Ability to engage with external legal advisers on a peer-to-peer basis including robustly challenging their advice and recommendations where appropriate.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
If the above mathes with your experience then please get in touch on 0207 509 firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss in more detail.