Construction Solicitor NQ-2
Salary £41,000 - £47,000 per annum
Consultant Laura Gripton
Date posted 20 December 2018 2018-12-202019-02-18 legal Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 41000 47000 47000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Our client, a full-service national law firm, is seeking to hire an NQ-2 year PQE Construction Solicitor to join their team based in Birmingham. This role is rewarded with a competitive salary together with excellent benefits, progression and the opportunity to undertake both contentious and non contentious construction matters.
About the role
This directories rated Construction team boasts an impressive portfolio of clients, assisting both domestic and international clients alike across a range of sectors.
Workflows will include acting on matters from cradle to grave including:
- Advising developers, employers, subcontractors, housing associations and consultants on contract formation, construction and procurement strategies and development
- Drafting and negotiating the full suite of construction agreements including JCT/NEC3 contracts;
- Providing legal support in resolving disputes that may arise through litigation, arbitration, adjudication and mediation
- Managing risk in bespoke procurement;
- Advising on asset management and maintenance contracts
- Providing corporate support to other teams including Real Estate, Corporate and Banking and acquisitions and disposals
The team have an outstanding reputation, recognised in Chambers UK 2017 and the Legal 500, therefore presenting the opportunity for the Construction Solicitor to be exposed to high quality work, both contentious and non contentious.
About the person
The Construction Solicitor will be a UK qualified Solicitor or a second year trainee with ideally a minimum of 6 months experience gained at a well respected firm.
The Construction Solicitor’s desired skills include:
• Strong organisational and interpersonal skills;
• Effective drafting skills;
• Sharp attention to detail;
• Proficient technical expertise; and
• Commercial acumen.
For further information on this or other similar roles please contact Laura Gripton at Robert Walters on 0121 260 2512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org