Salary £37,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Laura Gripton
Date posted 15 November 2018 2018-11-152019-01-14 legal UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Our client, a full-service national law firm, is seeking a Planning Solicitor/Associate to join their Legal 500 rated Planning team based in Birmingham.
About the role
This firm’s Birmingham Planning team is one of the largest in the UK and is involved in some of the largest national infrastructure projects and residential-led urban regeneration projects, predominantly acting for private clients including a number of household name developers plus a range or local authorities.
Work will include:
• nationally significant infrastructure projects promoted under the Planning Act 2008
• urban regeneration projects
• planning appeals
• strategy and conduct of judicial reviews at High Court and Appeal Court proceedings
• negotiation of planning and highways agreements
• planning due diligence on corporate and real estate acquisitions and disposals, working closely with corporate and real estate colleagues
• compulsory purchase and compensation
• planning enforcement
• parliamentary advice including hybrid bills, Transport and Works Act orders and harbour orders
• town and village greens
• listed building and conservation area issues
• highway issues
About the person
The Planning Solicitor/Associate will be a NQ-5 year PQE UK qualified solicitor.
Desired skills include:
• Excellent academic record;
• Enjoy problem solving;
• A keen eye for detail; and
• A team player
About the firm
The hiring Firm is a highly regarded national practice that continues to forge a path of strategic growth and expansion. The firm values its employees and invests heavily in training and development for all of its fee earners offering great opportunities for career progression.
For further information on this or other similar roles please contact Laura Gripton at Robert Walters on 0121 260 2512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org