Legal Secretary/ Assistant - Commercial Property
Salary £17,000 - £20,000 per annum
Consultant Lyndsey Sheridan
Date posted 29 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A great opportunity has arisen for a Legal Secretary/Assistant to join a leading Commercial Property department for a Yorkshire regional firm. You the Legal Secretary/ Assistant will work in their York office. Our client is an ambitious firm, with high standards of client care. They are also passionate about developing their people and we are both Lexcel and Investors in People accredited. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate to develop their career in a growing firm with genuine long-term opportunities for development. The clients busy Commercial Property department specialises in numerous sectors encompassing retail and leisure, office, industrial, agricultural and construction, as well as more specialised transactions, such as the purchase of dental practices. What’s in for you? 25 days holiday a year and a company pension scheme. The client provide a fully supportive background to your Continuous Professional Development within a friendly team environment. The firm is in a superb location in the heart of beautiful York and offers a great work/life balance. Working hours 9-5 full time
The clients busy Commercial Property department specialises in numerous sectors encompassing retail and leisure, office, industrial, agricultural and construction, as well as more specialised transactions, such as the purchase of dental practices.
About the role
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio and copy typing as well as amending and formatting complex documents.
- Attending clients both in person and over the phone and provide assistance in a professional and friendly manner.
- Take messages, book meetings and appointments and maintaining an up to date diary for Fee Earners.
- Administering files as well as opening files on case management system and their day to day maintenance – making best use of Proclaim to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Providing support to other secretaries and Fee Earners when necessary.
- Previous experience working in a similar role, ideally with experience in the area of Commercial Property.
- Experience in audio and copy typing.
- Experience of use of IT systems; digital dictation, case management, MS Word and Outlook
- Ability to work with initiative and minimum supervision.
- ‘Can Do’ and flexible approach and team player.
- Integrity to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
If you would like to be considered for the role, apply with your up todate CV today