Legal Assistant - Conveyancing
Salary £15,000 - £19,000 per annum
Consultant Lyndsey Sheridan
Date posted 17 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Legal Assistant to join a leading full service in their conveyancing team. Their Manchester offices are close to transport links.
A great opportunity for a Legal Assistant – Conveyancing to join a leading full service law firm in who are professional, approachable, national award winning firm that reaches out to the community and develops it's staff on all levels. The Legal Assistant – Conveyancing will join the conveyancing team in their Manchester office. You will report into the case manager and will assist the department by providing a comprehensive and quality conveyancing service.
About the role
- To understand and operate the firm’s conveyancing case management system throughout a conveyancing transaction and to be able to prepare all forms and letters on that system accordingly, or generate own letters where appropriate
- Deal with incoming and outgoing telephone calls in order to update or deal with queries where possible, take detailed messages and take instruction
- Liaise with panel management companies and corporate estate agents over the phone and face to face
- Work on system generated prompts, instructions and be able to prioritise work
- Conduct work on the files on a day to day basis and answer client or other queries in full, liaising with professional bodies, third parties and clients in order to progress the case
- Undertake administrative duties including (but not exclusively) attending to and advising clients under supervision, drafting letters, preparing all forms of contracts, leasehold reports and all other documents relating to the conveyancing transaction
- Deal with pre completion matters, under supervision, including preparation of a completion statement and electronic accounts requests and manage the completion
- Compliance with Client Care and Complaints Procedures in order to minimise the risk of negligence and comply with Law Society Rules.
- Ensure that all department and I.T. policies are adhered to.
5 GCSEs at grade C or above, or equivalent. Relevant work experience can be considered as an alternative.
Highly Desirable, Law Degree/ LPC
Experience of Residential Conveyancing
Experience of using case management systems
Experience of working with panel management companies and corporate estate agents
Experience of working in an office/clerical environment and in dealing with clients both face to face and over the telephone
Knowledge and skills
Good standard of computer literacy and keyboard skills
Excellent telephone manner and customer care skills
Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships
Good communication skills
Awareness of work undertaken in a solicitors office
Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
Pleasant, approachable, patient, polite
Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the department
If you would like to be considered for the role, please apply today with an upto date CV.