In House Commercial Property Solicitor
Consultant Nisha Jassi
Date posted 04 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
About the role You will be involved with an extensive Commercial Property workload and work closely with the Head of Legal on all aspects of commercial property transactions.
About the role
The Successful In House Commercial Property Solicitor will:
- Be responsible for their own caseload for a varied commercial property workload including: drafting contracts for sale, agreements for lease, leasehold acquisitions and renewals, licences to assign, licences to alter.
- Also manage acquisitions and disposals and draft deeds of assignment, transfers and completion statements.
- Have the opportunity to be involved with Litigation in respect of Lease renewals, issuing and serving proceedings, drafting Directions, Witness Statements, Consent Orders and Notices of Discontinuance and instructing Counsel as necessary.
- Prepare Lease renewal and acquisition reports for Board approval.
- Liaise with internal and external surveyors in respect of terms for lease renewals, heads of terms for acquisitions and disposals as well as developing and managing other key stakeholder relationships.
About the Person
The successful In House Commercial Property Solicitor will:
- Be a qualified Solicitor or have a Professional legal qualification (Chartered Legal Executive) with at least 1 year PQE.
- Have a good knowledge of Landlord & Tenant 1954 Act, lease renewal procedures, SDLT and Land Registry rules and procedures is desirable.
- Be able to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Have good time management and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commercial awareness.
For more information about this In House role or similar roles please contact Nisha Jassi on 0121 260 2562 or email email@example.com