Private Client Paralegal
Salary £24000 - £25500 per annum + good
Consultant Helen Abrahams
Date posted 17 November 2016
A wonderful and rare opportunity has arisen to work with a leading animal charity based in the West Midlands in their legal department, to act as Private Client Paralegal / Legacy Administrator. This role will be hugely rewarding and fulfilling.
About the Charity and the role of Private Client Paralegal:
This well known animal charity has a large Legacy team, who dedicate their time to administrating estates of those who have been kind enough to leave donations of varying amounts to the animals who are cared for at the charity.
The role will involve working closely with the Senior legacy Officer and the wider Legacy Management team to manage a portfolio of legacy files, ensuring that the organisation’s full and correct entitlement is received in accordance with the law and the benefactor’s will. You will also be responsible for applying your knowledge to effectively administer and maximise legacy income.
Key aspects to the role of Private Client Paralegal:
- Apply knowledge to enable delivery of the department’s objective and efficiently administer and maximise legacy income to target
- Ensure that the organisation’s full and correct entitlement is received in accordance with the law and the benefactor’s will
- Contribute towards ongoing legacy forecasting by closely monitoring files, accurately inputting data on Phoenix and reporting findings/developments to management
- To establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with the legal profession which enhance the potential of the charity as a current and potential beneficiary
- Manage your own diary and with the support of the Senior Legacy Officer manage a portfolio of Legacy Cases whilst keeping the legacy tracker up to date and achieving SLA
- Ensure interim payments are requested where possible and sums due to the charity are received promptly to prevent undue delays
- Assist Senior Legacy Officer with the monitoring of interest in remainder files
- Keeping up to date with developments in the law relevant to wills and estate administration and any new legal precedents that may have an impact on the department/organisation
- Asist the Legacy Administration Manager with initiatives and projects as and when required
- Assist with updating the legacy procedures manual and standard precedents when required
This is a fabulous role - one which will lead to great job satisfaction, working with a friendly dedicated team. This will suit a paralegal who has gained approximately two years experience within private practice within a Private Client team who has had good exposure to working on the administration of estates, as this is the key aspect to this position.
In return, you will receive a good salary and excellent benefits including:
- Excellent career opportunities/development
- 35hr working week (9am to 5pm - with an hour lunch)
- 25 days holiday per year
- Paid statutory holidays
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
For more information on this exciting role, please call Helen Abrahams on 0121 260 2522 or email your cv to email@example.com