Salary £14,000 - £16,000 per annum
Consultant Katie Plant
Date posted 12 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An entry level opportunity has arisen for a bright graduate to join an award winning law firm in West Yorkshire to work as a Junior Paralegal. The role is based in Pontefract and offers a competitive starting salary with full training.
An excellent opportunity for Junior Paralegal to join an outstanding, client-focused firm acting for businesses and individuals with a leading reputation in a number of specialist practice areas. As a business, they are progressive and supportive in their approach to your career and offer full training in the role. The role will be based at their office in Pontefract and offers the perfect route to progress your legal career.
The primary role of the Junior Paralegal is to provide direct support to his/her fee earner to operate at optimum efficiency. You will be expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative. A competitive entry level salary is offered. Applications will be considered from graduates either LLB or LPC who are bright and articulate and looking for their first legal role. You will provide a client-focused quality service and be accountable to the firm. You must be committed to becoming fully knowledgeable in Industrial Disease Law through undertaking relevant training.
- Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete Legal Aid Agency (LAA) forms.
- Liaise between clients and experts and between clients and supervisor and with the other side as requested.
- Dealing with client queries and reporting to the appropriate fee earner.
- Preparing standard legal forms.
- Preparing and filing court documents
- Fixing dates for Court hearings and liaising with Counsel and court to find mutually convenient dates.
- Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts.
- Preparation of bills and/or liaise with costs drafts-man.
- Preparing LAA forms.
- Liaise with The Accident Line as requested
- Carry out benefit queries and deal with call queries
- Liaise with Welfare Benefits Advisor and accounts department as required.
- Obtain periodic payments on account as agreed by the fee earner.
- Carry relevant searches.
- Undertake other duties such as researching law, searching old files, obtaining documents, transporting clients, running errands and supporting fee earners as and when required.
About the firm
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven graduate to start their law career working for a market leading regional practice in West Yorkshire. The role offers a competitive salary with benefits.
To be considered for this opportunity please forward your CV for immediate consideration.