Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Kayte Short
Date posted 05 September 2018 2018-09-052018-11-04 not-for-profit-and-charities UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity is avaialble with a regulator based in Birmingham City Centre who require a Financial Investigator within client protection to ensure that client monies from firms are distributed in an efficient manner, and be responsible for this end to end process.
- Holds a complex case-holding comprising both in-house and agent held statutory trusts with an ability to manage multiple work streams in line with KPIs and SLAs.
- Attends at an intervention and/or an agent’s office to acquire detailed knowledge of the statutory trust position and to offer advice. Liaises closely with the agent, reviewing activity to obtain relevant information.
- Works in collaboration with the Team Manager and the Intervention Officer to decide whether work should be done in house or outsourced. Makes recommendations.
- Analyses financial records to identify relevant information and evidential material to conduct an investigation, along with an ability to understand and interpret the analysis in order to ask the right questions and present the findings.
- Prepares and reviews distribution reports.
- Actively participates in case direction meetings, engaging with Technical Specialists and other stakeholders to ensure effective progression and technical oversight of the statutory trust work.
- Works with and develops other team members.
The Financial Investigator will ideally possess demonstrable practical experience of legal accounting rules and systems and have strong financial analysis and/or fraud investigative skills – ability to critically examine and interpret financial statements and other evidence, which is often disordered or inaccurate. A willingness to travel and work from other locations throughout England and Wales. Travel will be required at short notice and may involve overnight stays. You will have proven experience in building and managing stakeholder relationships.
This is an excellent development opportunity. Please apply now or for further information contact Kayte Short at Robert Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org