Paralegal - Industrial Disease
Salary £15,000 - £20,000 per annum
Consultant Lyndsey Sheridan
Date posted 16 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity for Paralegal - Industrial Disease to join an outstanding, client-focused firm acting for businesses and individuals with a leading reputation in a number of specialist practice areas. Based in West Yorkshire. As a business, they are progressive and supportive in their approach to your career. The client are looking for a bright individual who has legal experience.
An excellent opportunity for Paralegal - Industrial Disease to join an outstanding, client-focused firm acting for businesses and individuals with a leading reputation in a number of specialist practice areas. Based in West Yorkshire. As a business, they are progressive and supportive in their approach to your career.
The primary role of the Industrial Disease Paralegal is to provide direct support to his/her Principal to enable the Principal to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include (but will not be limited to) the main responsibilities given below. The Industrial Disease Paralegal is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
You will be responsible for
- Conduct of own matters and assisting the appropriate fee earner or Head of Department with shared caseload.
- Compliance with Office Manual Procedures
- Maintenance of the required standard of client care
- Accuracy of work undertaken and maintenance of standards set in terms of client contact
- Attendance of departmental meetings and in-house training as provided
About the role
- Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete Legal Aid Agency (LAA) forms.
- Liaise between clients and experts and between clients and supervisor and with the other side as requested.
- Dealing with client queries and reporting to the appropriate fee earner.
- Preparing standard legal forms.
- Preparing and filing court documents
- Fixing dates for Court hearings and liaising with Counsel and court to find mutually convenient dates.
- Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts.
- Preparation of bills and/or liaise with costs draftsman.
- Preparing LAA forms.
- Liaise with The Accident Line as requested
- Carry out benefit queries and deal with call queries
- Liaise with Welfare Benefits Advisor and accounts department as required.
- Obtain periodic payments on account as agreed by the fee earner.
- Carry relevant searches.
- undertake other duties such as researching law, searching old files, obtaining documents, transporting clients, running errands and supporting fee earners as and when required.
- Legal or paralegal experience.
- You will ideally have administration experience.
- Good client care skills.
- GCSE English grade C or above.
- Commitment to become fully knowledgeable in Industrial Disease Law through undertaking relevant training.
- Highly desirable Industrial Disease experience in a law firm would be an advantage.
- A Law degree/ LPC is highly desirable.
- You will be committed to becoming fully knowledgeable in Industrial Disease Law through undertaking relevant training.
Please forward your CV today for immediate consideration