Court of Protection Paralegal
Salary £16,000 - £24,000 per annum
Consultant Lyndsey Sheridan
Date posted 22 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Court of Protection Paralegal to join a leading legal 500 firm who offer flexible working, close to transport links.
A great opportunity for a Court of Protection Paralegal to join a leading full service legal 500 law firm in Manchester. The Court of Protection is the judicial body in England and Wales responsible for managing the affairs, assets and estates of anyone who does not have capacity to manage their own finances. Our client has dedicated departments in a number of locations around the country. The Court of Protection Paralegal will carry out financial duties to support clients.
Working Hours 9-5, however do offer flexible working hours
About the role
- You will be responsible for case handling duties.
- helping other case handlers to support clients to manage their property and financial affairs.
- You’ll be carrying out various tasks such as being the initial point of contacts for clients, family members and care professionals working with them.
- You will be responsible for supporting clients to manage their everyday financial matters such as ensuring that insurances are in place for their property, arranging payment of household bills and paying for their care and therapy services.
- To meet your monthly targets you’ll need to be experienced in multi-tasking and being able to prioritise your case load effectively.
- Whilst planning and prioritising will be the key to your success, you’ll also need to be flexible and quick to respond to requests at short notice.
- You’ll be experienced in following set guidelines and processes, but with the ability and confidence to use your own judgement where required.
Benefits include, contributory pension scheme, critical illness cover, health cash plan, death in service, discounted legal services, 25 days hols (this increases with length of service), discounted online shopping, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers.
- Be organised and have the ability to work quickly and accurately in a growing and demanding area of the business to meet personal targets.
- Be proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team to deliver the best outcomes for our clients.
- Be accurate and efficient in the delivery of financial assistance to our clients.
- Have excellent client care and inter-personal skills, operating with integrity and showing empathy and intuition.
- Be comfortable using new IT systems.
- LAW degree / LPC is highly desirable
If you would like to be considerd for the role, please send your up to date CV today