Motor Insurance Paralegal
Salary £17,000 - £22,000 per annum
Consultant Lyndsey Sheridan
Date posted 16 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A great opportunity for a Motor Insurance Paralegal to join a full service Legal 500 law firm in their Liverpool office. Close to transport links. The company do offer flexaible working hours for their employees
A great opportunity for a Motor Insurance Paralegal to join a full service Legal 500 law firm in their Liverpool office. The Motor Paralegal will be joining a firm that’s been rated among the top employers for working families and among the top two law firms for employee satisfaction – and you can look forward to a career that could take you anywhere within the company’s network. They offer flexible working as long as you complete your 7.5 hours each day around 10-4 core hours.
At the heart of the Motor team in the Liverpool office, you will progress some stimulating cases towards settlement whilst preparing detailed information for senior management. The client will look to you to use their Case Management system and standard documentation to reduce timescales and costs, and you will have the autonomy to agree outcomes proactively – quickly developing your legal and technical knowledge.
About the role
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols ensuring the monitoring and completion of MI as required.
- Use of the case management system and / or use of standard documentation wherever appropriate to maximise cost efficiency.
- Utilise negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle/assist in the settlement of cases to the satisfaction of the client whilst further developing legal technical knowledge.
- Analyse risk and utilise commercial knowledge to develop sound judgement in order to justify decisions in the management of cases.
- Prioritise and organise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met.
- Understand the role in the context of the practice group and proactively seek to increase contribution via the allocation of work.
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by the practice group.
- Interpret financial information to monitor your own performance against agreed targets ensuring there’s an ability to explain any differential.
Are you a capable and self-motivated Paralegal? Do you have sound experience of small claims, including fast and multi-track cases? Then you can build an exciting future with one of Europe’s most innovative law firms, according to the "Financial Times".
With a very commercial mindset and strong interest in motor insurance work, you should be ready to hit the ground running. Ideally you will bring some credit hire experience, but you could join the client from a motor litigation background (either on the claimant or defendant side). You will certainly be capable of prioritising a conflicting workload, with a high level of flexibility and meticulous attention to detail, and you will be keen to progress and take on additional responsibilities.
If you would like to be condisered for the role. Please send your CV today.