Salary £100,000 - £1,100,000 per annum
Consultant Donna Witten
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-16 2019-05-16 legal London London GB GBP 100000 1100000 1100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A Construction Solicitor is sought within a market leading construction business based in London. This business forms part of a well known Group of construction businesses, and the successful Construction Solicitor will provide comprehensive legal advice to this arm of the Group.
As the Construction Solicitor in the business, your role will involve the following:
- Advising the business on a range of construction matters both contentious & non contentious
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of construction documentation
- Someone who could take over the running of contentious matters primarily adjudications with minimal input, and also provide assistance to the team on other ad hoc contentious matters as required (e.g. drafting correspondence dealing with contractual points, reviewing documents and advising on rights, remedies and courses of action for clients etc.);
- The construction solicitor would need to be familiar with and comfortable dealing with the Construction Act requirements, adjudication procedure, payment and extension of time claims, and defects claims. They should be familiar with all main standard form contracts such as NEC, JCT, TPC/TAC, RIBA, RICS etc.
- The construction solicitor should also be able to deal with non-contentious issues to support work allocation in the team including advising on and drafting amendments to standard form contracts, bonds, guarantees and collateral warranties, consultant appointments and construction provisions of agreements for lease and development agreements and due diligence of construction documentation on property and corporate transactions
This role would suit an individual with;
- More than 4 years PQE experience within an established private practice firm;
- Available on short notice