Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-11-13 travel-and-tourism UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Our client, a multinational and very recognisable B2C brand, is seeking a German-speaking Lawyer to join their dynamic and burgeoning legal team in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, coordinating and processing the consumer legal challenges (EU261 claims) from customers in Germany & Austria.
The role will be responsible for immediately assessing which claims for delays/ cancellations should or should not be legally challenged and then working with external legal counsel in market to defend these in the most effective way. The team are afforded fantastic benefits, including competitive salary, family and friend travel discounts, and bonuses linked to performance.
- To draft all manner of court and ADR documents necessary to protect client’s position, there will be the opportunity to undertake additional responsibilities such as drafting Defences;
- Liaise with internal and external legal representatives to ensure co-ordination of cases and settlements / judgements;
- To provide training and day-to-day guidance to a dedicated team of contact centre agents;
- Identifying key learnings from previous cases, you will formulate recommendations in conjunction with all relevant stakeholders to improve processes, compliance, cost effectiveness and value for the company;
- Support the customer services team on EU 261 legislation and its specific application in your markets and to respond to other consumer law enquiries from national regulatory and enforcement bodies.
- Native/ exceptional German and English language skills;
- Legal training and experience – Ideally Qualified lawyer in Germany;
- Consumer litigation experience and knowledge of EU261 processes;
- Additional languages useful.
- Customer focussed approach
- Positive, energetic, highly organised & a self-starter
- Numerate/ comfortable working with data
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel & PowerPoint.
For more information, or to register your interest in this role, please contact Aleisha Murray on 02075098736 or firstname.lastname@example.org.