Professional Indemnity Paralegal
Salary £15,000 - £20,000 per annum
Consultant Lyndsey Sheridan
Date posted 04 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A fantastic opportunity for a Professional Indemnity Paralegal to join a leading legal 500 international law firm in their Leeds office. Close to transport links. The clients Professional & Commercial Risk department has a history of progressing its team members, with active training programmes to advance your career. Along with a basic salary there is a realistic opportunity to earn bonus.
A fantastic opportunity for a Professional Indemnity Paralegal to join a leading legal 500 international law firm in their Leeds office. You will join their Professional & Commercial Risk department. As a Professional Indemnity Paralegal you will be supporting Solicitors in both the Professional Indemnity and Construction teams on a range of duties throughout the initial set up, investigation and client advice phases of claims and, thereafter, to provide support to the team both regarding the ongoing handling of cases and wider Management Information capture.
The clients Professional & Commercial Risk department has a history of progressing its team members, with active training programmes to advance your career. Along with a basic salary there is a realistic opportunity to earn bonus.
About the role
- Claims handling a number of files for a professional indemnity insurer of estate and letting agents as part of a small team.
- Supporting and assisting the team through preparing and maintaining records.
- Responding to ad hoc requests for information from clients, document preparation and research.
- Contacting the firm’s clients, providing a high level of client service at all times.
- Exercising full compliance with the clients protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrating a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Contributing to fee-earning and non fee-earning activity as appropriate e.g. knowledge sharing, training, assisting and preparing updates for clients and the team, legal research etc
- Building an awareness of the Firm's other services. Building effective internal and external networks.
- Handling confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols.
- Graduate in law or law related subject, ideally with previous contentious Paralegal experience. The client is open to what area of law, however applications are welcome from Litigation, Civil Litigation and Insurance roles where you have handled your own case load.
- Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would be an advantage.
- Excellent commercial awareness and an interest in broader business issues.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients and colleagues on day to day issues.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage tasks within set timeframes.
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.