Privacy Lawyer - 12 months - £700p/d
Consultant Courtney Varney
Date posted 29 July 2022london legal/intellectual-property 2022-07-29 2022-08-28 legal London London GB Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This role sits within the Cybersecurity & Privacy Legal team of a global financial services firm. This role will involve a hybrid working model (mix of in office/at home) and is suitable for candidates with 3+ years data protection/privacy legal experience (though all candidates will be considered on merit). The approximate day rate for this 12 month position is £700 per day.
About the role:
- Sits within the Cybersecurity and Privacy legal team - which is part of a broader legal and compliance function.
- The Cybersecruity and Privacy Legal Team is a global team that works across all of the organisations entities.
- In this role, you will serve as a principal legal advisor for cybersecurity, privacy, fraud and operational resilience matters to all the companies entities and business units in EMEA.
- Serve as a collaborative subject matter expert to other lawyers and advising functional areas and regional business units on privacy and data security laws and requirements.
- Partner closely with key stakeholder to provide strategic direction to the Firm as it navigates complicated privacy and data protection issues.
- Advise on requirements and restrictions on the collection, storage and sharing of sensitive client and employee information.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive cybersecurity and privacy law program, coordinating privacy, fraud, and information security legal requirements.
- Advise on restrictions on surveillance, monitoring of electronic communications and the use of tracking or profiling.
- Serve as lead counsel responding to information security and operational incidents.
- Develop and maintain notices, policies and procedures for privacy and information security, consistent with applicable international, federal and state laws, rules and guidance.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable EMEA privacy laws and regulations.
- Approx 3+ years privacy/data protection legal experience (ideally within a financial services firm)
- Ability to interact with senior members of staff