Consultant Kayla Powell
Date posted 25 November 2016
A distinguished Financial Service Institution is currently seeking a Legal Counsel to join their Intellectual Property and Technology department based in their London office. This role will support the general IP/IT team, with focus on advising on outsourcing and other general commercial projects and providing specialist advice on data transfers.
Key duties include:
- Providing high quality, efficient, legal advice and assistance
- drafting and negotiating legal documentation effectively
- coordinating and advising on intra-group agreements, including those relating to services, outsourcing and data transfers
- playing a proactive role, facilitating collaboration and sharing of resource cross métier and cross jurisdiction and communicating with all clients regularly, maintaining strong relationships
- participating in or supporting new activity committees involving outsourcing, technology or other IP in order to present legal risks
- Provide support and guidance on outsourcing, IP, IT and DP specialist issues to local and global Legal teams and other functions
- Qualified lawyer in a major international jurisdiction with 3-4 years relevant experience gained at an international law firm or an investment bank in an IP/ Technology or Procurement/ Outsourcing Team
- Have an outgoing and robust personality and be capable of working for a diverse and demanding internal client base with often conflicting priorities. Have sufficient gravitas to advise business lines directly and be able to communicate legal risk effectively whilst maintaining and enhancing the Legal team’s relationship with our internal client
- Work both autonomously as well as part of larger teams collectively advising on different parts of initiatives
- Have in-depth and solid knowledge of commercial, outsourcing, data transfers, intellectual property, technology, and data protection laws, which may be evidenced by the candidate having studied IP law at a post graduate level, such as the Oxford IP Diploma. Be familiar with banking products and in particular financial derivatives and cash products
In this team you will be exposed to providing specialist advice on data transfers, including data protection and banking secrecy, intellectual property and technology laws
If you are a driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Legal Counsel position is the job for you. Apply today!