Salary £45,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Nisha Jassi
Date posted 06 September 20192019-09-06 2019-11-05 legal Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 45000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Employment Solicitor to join a highly regarded international firm based in Birmingham city centre offering. The successful Employment Solicitor will gain exposure to a varied Employment workload, market leading salary and benefits alongside with a career development plan outlined from the outset.
About the role
You will have the opportunity to work with a Legal 500 and Chambers rated Employment team.
You will have exposure to a varied mix of contentious and non-contentious employment matters and the team acts for clients on a regional, national and international basis. You will advise clients in both the Private sector and Public Sector as well as clients in the Engineering, Automotive, Retail, Financial Services and Leisure space.
In this role you will work with leading individuals in the Employment field.
- Alongside the daily work of providing commercial advice to clients on a range of issues including employment tribunal and litigation proceedings, redundancies, equal pay, whistleblowing, TUPE and severances. Providing advice on discrimination cases from: age, sex, race and disability discrimination.
- Drafting various employment documentation including contracts, staff handbooks and policies.
- Working on cross boarder and international projects including: mobility, global benefit plans and policies as well as implications of restructuring for a global client base.
About the person
- The successful Employment Solicitor must be a UK qualified solicitor with up to 1 years PQE in Employment Law gained in a highly regarded Private Practice.
- Desired attributes of the Employment Solicitor include good problem-solving and negotiation skills and commercial acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as you will work closely with colleagues in other offices as well as build and maintain relationships with the firms’ clients.
*Candidates with differing PQE's will be strongly considered but their is an expectation to be able to operate with a degree of autonomy.
About the firm
This international firm are very well regarded in Birmingham city centre. The firm offers market leading salaries and benefits.