Lead Employment Counsel
Consultant Aleisha Murray
Date posted 13 February 2019 2019-02-132019-04-14 legal Feltham Middlesex GB GBP 70000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Newly created role - Lead Employment Counsel for hospitality company, based near Heathrow.
An exciting opportunity to join a global hospitality brand, based near Heathrow, as Lead Employment Counsel. The successful candidate will be an experienced employment lawyer, with an interest in advising on TUPE projects/ provisions and developing processes and procedures from the ground up, as this role is the first ever employment lawyer in the UK.
- Providing ad-hoc advice to HR and Senior Management;
- Advising on TUPE provisions in service contracts;
- Analysing which transfers are covered by TUPE regulations;
- Liaising with stakeholders to ensure TUPE proceedings are carried out in a compliant manner;
- Advising on complex and often highly-sensitive disciplinary cases;
- Advising HR and managers on discrimination issues, particularly arising during the long-term sickness absence process;
- Reviewing and updating internal policies to ensure compliance with developments in UK employment law;
- Delivering training programmes to HR and the wider workforce on employment law;
- Advising senior stakeholders on employment law issues that may arise as part of strategic projects that they are pursuing;
- Advising the business on immigration issues relating to incoming employees to the UK.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Be a UK or Commonwealth qualified lawyer (although all applicants will be considered on merit);
- Have experienced gained in private practice and/ or in-house;
- Have an ability to provide pragmatic and business-oriented advice to stakeholders at all levels across the organisation;
- Excellent communication skills and a dynamic approach to work;
- Whilst external counsel will be available when required, as the sole employment lawyer in the UK, you must have confidence in your ability and strength in the convictions of your decision-making.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.