Salary £38,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Nisha Jassi
Date posted 25 July 2018 2018-07-252018-09-23 legal UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Legal 500 firm based in Birmingham is looking for an Employment solicitor to join a reputable employment team with many accolades in the Legal Press and rated by the Legal directories. This role will provide the successful Employment Solicitor with a good platform for career progression as you will have the opportunity to work closely with a senior employment lawyers on a varied caseload. The team have an existing caseload so you will be busy from the outset.
The successful Employment Solicitor will:
- Provide commercial, practical advice to employers and senior employees on all aspects of employment law.
- On the litigation side, the team work on Employment Tribunal litigation, including large complex discrimination cases. You are encouraged to undertake your own advocacy in Tribunals.
- Advise on a range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters including but not limited to disciplinary matters, grievances, TUPE, employee consultation and Employment Tribunal Claims.
- Drafting a range of documents form employee handbooks and Settlement Agreements.
- Work with a varied client base across the public and private sector for example housing, commercial and education sectors.
About the person
- The Employment Solicitor must be a UK qualified solicitor with at least 1 experience.
- Experience in advising universities and colleges is desirable although not essential.
- Other desired attributes include excellent interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving and negotiation skills and commercial acumen.
- An interest in conducting your own advocacy is also desirable.
About the firm
This national firm are very well regarded in Birmingham City Centre and the Employment team attract excellent quality work as a result of their reputation alone. This firm is well known in the market for its friendly atmosphere and open door policy and training and support will be provided to the successful candidate to help progress their career.
For more information about this Employment Solicitor role or similar roles please call Nisha Jassi on 0121 260 2562 or email at Nisha.email@example.com.