Employment Lawyer - Regional firm
Location West Yorkshire
Consultant Alex Brennan
Date posted 05 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Highly successful Yorkshire law firm seeks Employment Lawyer to join their busy team, , which provides first class legal support and advice to a wide range of clients including several high-profile sports organisations, large corporates and a broad range of SMEs and owner managed business.
Highly successful Yorkshire law firm seeks Employment Lawyer to join their busy team, which provides first class legal support and advice to a wide range of clients including several high-profile sports organisations, large corporates and a broad range of SMEs and owner managed business.
About the role:
The Employment team which consists of 8 lawyers plus support staff, provides advice to both employers and senior employees. The team regularly deal with:
- Employment contracts and staff handbook
- All HR documentation (including appraisals, interview checklists, applications forms etc)
- General HR advice and training including disciplinary and grievance procedures, holiday entitlements, working time etc
- Advice on dealing with employees on long term sick
- Advice on avoiding discrimination claims
- Redundancy and Restructure advice
- Practical advice on the implications of TUPE
- Training for staff and managers
- Discrimination claims
- Unfair dismissal
- Whistleblowing claims
- Unlawful deduction from wages
- Employment tribunals
This position of Employment Lawyer will require you to assist the more senior members of the Employment team on complex matters, whilst also being encouraged to build and manage your own case load. Supervision will be provided, particularly at the junior end, however you will be encouraged to make you own decisions and work autonomously, therefore you will be an independent and confident thinker, who can manage your time in a sharp and effective manner.
This role will suit an ambitious Employment Lawyer who is looking to join a forward thinking regional law firm, where they can develop for the long term. You’ll need to be a team player with good communication skills and naturally, passion and enthusiasm for employment law is paramount.
For more information on this Employment Lawyer position, please contact Alex Brennan on 0113 487 0009 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.