Salary £42,000 - £52,000 per annum
Consultant Nisha Jassi
Date posted 01 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Employment Solicitor to join a highly regarded international firm based in Birmingham city centre offering. The successful Employment Solicitor will gain exposure to a varied Employment workload. In return you will benefit from market leading salary and benefits alongside with a career development plan outlined from the outset.
About the role
You will have the opportunity to work with a Legal 500 and Chambers rated Employment team. You will have exposure to a varied mix of contentious and non-contentious employment matters and the team acts for clients on a regional, national and international basis. You will advise clients in both the Private sector and Public Sector as well as clients in the: Engineering, Automotive, Retail, Financial Services and Leisure space.
In this role you will work with leading individuals in the Employment field. Alongside the daily work of providing commercial advice to clients on a range of issues including:
- Employment tribunal and litigation proceedings, redundancies, equal pay, whistleblowing, TUPE and severances.
- Providing advice on discrimination cases from: age, sex, race and disability discrimination.
- Drafting various employment documentation including contracts, staff handbooks and policies.
- Working on cross boarder and international projects including: mobility, global benefit plans and policies as well as implications of restructuring for a global client base.
About the person
The successful Employment Solicitor must be a UK qualified solicitor with NQ - 2 years experience in Employment Law gained in a highly regarded Private Practice.*
- Exposure to an International workload is desirable but not essential.
- Desired attributes of the Employment Solicitor include good problem-solving and negotiation skills and commercial acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as you will work closely with colleagues in other offices as well as build and maintain relationships with the firm's clients.
*Candidates with differing PQE's will be strongly considered but their is an expectation to be able to operate with a degree of autonomy.
About the firm
This international firm are very well regarded in Birmingham city centre. The firm offers market leading salaries and benefits.
For more information about this role or any other role please contact Nisha Jassi on 0121 260 2562 or firstname.lastname@example.org.