Head of Employment
Salary £45000 - £58000 per annum
Consultant Helen Abrahams
Date posted 12 September 2016
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a successful and well respected regional law firm, for a solicitor to join as Head of Employment. This role offers exciting career prospects and attractive salary and benefits. A leading regional law firm in the West Midlands is currently looking to hire an experienced Employment Lawyer to join and head up the busy department.
About the role of Head of Employment:
Work carried out by the Employment team at this regional law firm focuses on both the employer and employees who have encountered difficulties at work. They also provide a very effective fixed fee tailor made HR support package to their clients, which has proved to be very successful.
The team currently consists of three experienced Employment lawyers - all of whom are self sufficient. There are also trainees within the firm that will undertake seats within the Employment department who will need guidance and supervision. There will also be an apprentice that works within the team. Therefore this role will very much require a lawyer who is happy to manage people and nurture new talent.
The Employment team works very closely with the other Business Services departments. Cross selling is a must and is encouraged. Networking and active marketing is essential to propel the department and its services forward.
- You will be a UK qualified lawyer, offering a minimum of 4 years PQE (as a guide only) in a purely Employment focused role
- You will have a proven track record in delivery and a high success rate. You will also be used to working with not only employment matters for both the employer and employee, but you will have hands on experience in dealing with HR packages
- This is a Head of Employment position, therefore you will have experience in man-management. You will have an approachable manner, and be an effective communicator
- You will be a passionate net-worker, and business developer, and ideally you will be able to bring some sort of following with you - although this is not essential
- A stable career history is key, and strong academics and training with a recognised law firm are essential
This role will provide a secure and friendly working environment, where the department is busy and the firm although very well established, is now stronger than ever. It is a very exciting time to be joining them, and the career prospects that come with this position are very promising.
For more information on this position, or for a confidential chat, or even to refer a friend, please call me on DL 0121 260 2522 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org