Corporate Lawyers - Australia
Salary £60,000 - £120,000 per annum
Consultant Dugald Locke
Date posted 23 April 20192019-04-23 2019-06-22 legal UK Robert Walters
Have you ever considered a role Down Under? Robert Walters are working with clients that are interested in speaking to any Corporate lawyers open to relocating to Australia. This includes sponsorship for you (and your family), and a relocation package.
Demand for legal talent in Australia continues to grow which is due to record breaking levels of M&A activity and continuing domestic and foreign investment in various industries across the country.
Any Corporate Lawyers interested in seeking a highly rewarding In-House or Private Practice role, please get in touch.
The role below is quite exciting in particular -
Senior Legal Counsel
A rare opportunity to join an exciting organisation as a Senior Legal Counsel. Perfect for a senior corporate transactional lawyer looking for an excellent opportunity to join an in-house legal team in the insurance industry. This is a specialist legal counsel role directly reporting to the General Counsel. there will be some mentoring of junior lawyers expected but no direct reports.
About the Company:
A leading insurance company which has been operating in Australia for over 100 years. The company operates throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia providing general insurance. This is a newly created role to assist with the companies increasing activity.
About the Role:
- Provide legal advice on variety of corporate law and finance issues, including; capital markets, M&A, joint ventures, corporate governance, general commercial contracts and advisory;
- Champion ethical conduct and practices;
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively in a high performing and customer focused team;
- Developing and maintaining an engagement model with external legal providers and other outsourced service providers in a manner that aligns with the company's strategic objectives and priorities;
- Building a deep and effective understanding of relationships with business partners to understand their business drivers and strategic priorities.
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent;
- Qualified as a Lawyer ;
- 5 years PQE+ in areas of Corporate law gained in private practice and/or in-house legal team;
- Highly developed written communications, advisory, contract drafting and relationship building skills;
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to proactively provide customer centric solutions;
- Ability to triage multiple priorities and work autonomously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- A basic understanding of general insurance and/or the broader financial services industry is highly regarded, but not essential.