Corporate Legal Counsel
Consultant Daniel Harris
Date posted 19 October 2018 2018-10-192018-12-17 manufacturing-and-production UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Amey, an award winning infrastructure services origination, are recruiting a confident, commercially minded corporate lawyer to assist with the corporate activity across the Amey business based in London.
Amey PLC are a leading supplier of infrastructure services across the UK and have been in business for nearly a century. Their purpose is to ‘create better places’ by designing, building, maintaining and investing in UK’s services and infrastructure. They are the backbone behind the services that we use every day, creating better places to live, work and travel.
Their parent company, Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators and municipal services companies. With solid international presence in countries such as Spain, Australia and the United States they are the flagship suppliers in the markets they operate.
Amey are leaders in their field and this was recognised at the recent National Rail awards where their joint venture the S & C North Alliance won Infrastructure Achievement of the year.
Due to growth within the business Amey are now looking for a Corporate Lawyer to join the group’s legal function.
Corporate Legal Counsel key role responsibilities:
Amey are seeking a confident, commercially minded corporate lawyer to assist with the corporate activity across the Amey business. The type of work you would be involved in is:
- Taking the lead and advising on Mergers & Acquisitions across all of the Amey divisions;
- Providing strategic advice to senior management and to the board;
- Advising on joint venture agreements, re-organisations, finance and internal governance;
- Working closely with their consulting team and advising on a broad variety of commercial work across the business.
Corporate Legal Counsel key role requirements:
- 3-5 years PQE experience as a corporate lawyer however all candidates will be considered on merit;
- Experience or an affinity with the infrastructure sector and an interest in the corporate activity in this industry;
- An engaging and influencing style with the ability to work confidently alongside all levels of the business;
- Previous exposure to in-house would also be advantageous.
This role is based in the Chancery Lane office of Amey with the potential for some national or international travel. It is an exciting time to join a business in growth mode in an industry that creates safer, smarter and sustainable places to live work and travel.