Salary £37,000 - £43,000 per annum
Consultant Lauren Freeman
Date posted 26 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
I am currently recruiting for a Commercial Accountant, on a permanent basis within the Birmingham City Centre area for a leading Legal organisation, the salary for this position is up to £43,000 plus package depending on experience. Please note: It is essential that the ideal candidate has ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualification and experience within a larger or regulated organisation working within a similar capacity
Requirements of the Commercial Accountant:
- Provide financial support and analysis to the Commercial Finance Manager and legal groups covering all aspects to drive financial performance and control from P&L to cash flow
- Review and distribute with Practice Leaders and Team Leaders management accounts and month-end reports
- Analyse and identify opportunities to improve performance and develop clear plans to achieve these including the monitoring of delivery
- Produce rolling reforecasts to ensure an accurate assessment of business performance and a “no surprises” environment
- Assist the Business Planning team, CFMs, CDs, PLs and TLs to prepare business plans, budgets and forecasts within the prescribed timetables
- Evaluate, challenge and build business cases to support key proposals (e.g. lateral hires, Partner and Director promotions, mergers and other strategic proposals) and ensure appropriate post-investment appraisal and monitoring
- Coordinate and be responsible for the input of the Groups’ budgets and forecasts
- Conduct review meetings with partners and FEs to ensure that there is a full understanding of the Groups' WIP position
- Production and distribution of regular flash reports to monitor progress against billing and cash collection targets
- To assist in reducing the working capital requirement of the Firm (by completing the above and other relevant procedures as appropriate)
- Preparation and distribution of time recording reports as appropriate
- Monitoring of overhead expenditure against budget (e.g. travel, accommodation, entertaining, training, disbursements etc.)
- Assist in co-ordinating the year-end WIP valuation process, and work with other members of the Finance team to provide appropriate support to the year-end accounts process
- Prepare monthly Firm-wide reporting on standard KPIs (e.g. Partner reports, sector reports, top clients etc.)
- Supporting CFM with profitability, financial evaluation and support for sales pitches and tenders, to include pricing, discount structures, commercial terms etc.
- Profitability analysis of clients, sectors, business types, and working with CFMs and partners to identify options and recommendations to increase sales and profit margins
- Work with CFMs and partners to maximise the value of client relationships (e.g. sales volume, pricing, discounts, annual fee rate increases, secondment reviews, client financial reporting, debt collection, contingent fees etc)
- Support the CFM with any project based work (e.g. time recording, benchmarking or other strategic projects) as appropriate
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Professional, credible and confident in dealing appropriately with people at all levels
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills
- Advanced Excel
- Experience in a Law Firm or Professional Services organisation
- IBM Cognos experience
The ideal candidate for this position will be personable, have a strong commercial acumen and advanced Excel skills.
I wanted to see whether you may know of anyone within your network that may be interested in hearing more details regarding this opportunity, Robert Walters does offer an excellent referral rewards scheme.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity then please forward your CV and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.