Corporate Solicitor - Part Time
Salary £45,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Nisha Jassi
Date posted 22 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An opportunity has arisen with a Legal 500 firm based in the West Midlands.
This highly regarded law firm are seeking to recruit an experienced corporate solicitor to join the firm's Universities Higher Education Team.This highly regarded law firm are seeking to recruit an experienced corporate solicitor to join the firm's Universities Higher Education Team.
The role would suit a Solicitor with a commercial and/or corporate background who would like the opportunity to be involved in good quality work but have more of a work life balance. This role offers specific sector focus, excellent career progression and market leading salaries. There is scope for this role to be Part Time.
About the Education role:
As an integral part of Universities Higher Education Team you will provide support on a wide variety of legal queries for clients in the Higher Education sector.
- Establishing new providers of higher education and advising on the new regulatory regime under the Office for Students including on obtaining degree awarding powers and university title.
- Being involved in commercial projects including advising on the establishment of special purpose vehicles and trading subsidiaries.
- Establishing contractual and corporate joint ventures.
- Advising on mergers, disposals and acquisitions of business and assets.
- Advising on the reform of governing documents and corporate governance including providing guidance on directors and trustee duties, delegation of authority and the validity of decision making.
The successful Education Solicitor will:
- Be circa 6 years PQE and gained experience in a mid/top tier firm or In-House environment.
- Have a Corporate/Commercial/Regulatory background. Education Sector experience is desirable but not a pre-requisite for the role.
- You will have strong communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- Have the opportunity to supervise juniors in the team.
- Have the opportunity to develop client relationships and business develop.
For more information on this Education Solicitor role based in Birmingham or any other legal roles please contact Nisha Jassi for a confidential discussion on 0121 260 2562 or by email – firstname.lastname@example.org.