Head of Legal Compliance
Salary £95,000 - £120,000 per annum + + benefits
Consultant Victoria Pomfret
Date posted 18 May 2022london legal/compliance 2022-05-18 2022-07-17 legal London London GB GBP 95000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Head of Compliance - Start-up Insurance Business
We are currently recruiting for someone with previous experience of working within the Insurance industry to take on this Head of Compliance position.
Our client are an Insurance business with award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of their offering. They rank in the Top 50 of the Tech Track 100 (2020) and have doubled their revenues annually for the last four years.
Due to their fast growth trajectory since their Series D funding round and their acquisition of a US insurance carrier, the business will soon become an insurance holding group. To support this, the business are looking for a Head of Compliance to manage the regulatory responsibilities of our parent company and our Group committees.
You'll work closely with our country compliance teams in the UK, Europe and US and partner closely with our stakeholders at all levels, and all departments.
The role will report to our General Counsel and your focus will be as follows:
- Delivering our Group global compliance programme spanning: our board, audit and risk committee and remuneration committee.
- Working closely with our heads of compliance in the UK, Sweden and the USA and external regulatory advisers; to deliver a joined-up global team and approach.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating our insurance-related contracts in conjunction with the Senior Legal Counsel and any external advisers we're working with.
- Drafting, implementing, and managing all new policies, procedures, and reports for Environmental, Social and Governance ("ESG") compliance.
- Submitting all information necessary to meet statutory and regulatory requirements on time to the appropriate Committees, Boards, and external bodies.
Suitable candidates will have the following:
- Several years' experience working on insurance law, regulation, and contracts
- You will have experience of insurance contracts (e.g., binding authority agreements) and understanding of how things work in a highly regulated industry
- You will be qualified as a solicitor or barrister OR a Compliance professional
- We are open to meeting people with both an in-house and law firm background.
Please apply for further information about this exciting opportunity.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: LondonDate posted: 14 June 2022Services business with a global presence require an Interim Head of Legal for a 13 month period to oversee the legal function during a period of maternity leave. The offices are based in Central London and this would be on a hybrid model (2 days/week in the office)
Salary: £120,000 - £140,000 per annum + 20% bonusLocation: LondonDate posted: 24 June 2022An international energy venture backed by a multi-million pound organisation, requires an Interim Head of Legal on a 12 month maternity cover contract, starting late-September. This role is based in Central London, with 3 days/week required in the office.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: LondonDate posted: 13 June 2022A multinational bank is looking to secure an Execution Manager on a 12-month daily rate contract. Sitting within Debt Capital Markets (Europe), you will report directly to the Head of DCM Europe.
Salary: £95,000 - £100,000 per annumLocation: LondonDate posted: 08 June 2022Global services business recruiting a Senior Legal Counsel to join their successful and collegiate team to cover a 12 month period of maternity leave. You must be available to come into their Central London office at least 2 days/week.
Salary: £85,000 - £115,000 per annum + + bonus and benefitsLocation: LondonDate posted: 31 May 2022Legal Counsel Clients are open to candidates from contentious AND non-contentious backgrounds Hybrid working, usually 2 days in the office Roles available in London & SE, Manchester, Birmingham & Scotland Salaries range from £85,000 - £115,000 per annum (depending on experience)