Consultant Donna Witten
Date posted 10 October 20192019-10-14 2019-12-09 legal London London GB GBP 30000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Officer to join a very well regarded and well supported Compliance team. The Compliance Officer provides support to all users across the firm in all areas of business acceptance, including running conflict checks, assisting with the firm’s anti-money laundering and client due diligence procedures, opening and reviewing client/matter records.
The compliance officer based in London will have the following responsibilities:
- Run and send conflict check searches to fee earners for analysis.
- Open new client and new matter records and support fee earners, secretaries and others across the firm in complying with the firm’s business acceptance and matter management procedures;
- Sending the firm’s Terms and Conditions of Business to new clients and conducting all client mailshots when required;
- Assisting with the management of matter security and ethical walls;
- Dealing with enquiries from across the firm in a timely and efficient manner;
- Support fee earners in ensuring that all new clients and new matters opened comply with the firm’s Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") and Client Due Diligence ("CDD") policies and procedures.
You will have worked within a professional or legal services environment for at least 2 years and should be able to demonstrate the following keys skills and attributes:
- Present own ideas and complex procedures clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Excellent online research skills.
- Absorb, analyse and consolidate large amounts of information.
- Previous experience of conflicts/ compliance is not essential.
Attractive salary with benefits