Senior Risk & Compliance Lawyer
Salary £100,000 - £140,000 per annum
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Daniel Chatfield
Date posted 24 September 20192019-09-24 2019-11-23 legal City of London London GB GBP 100000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
In this role you will assist in advising partners, legal and office staff on legal and risk matters affecting the Firm. The production of policies in key areas;providing clear and commercial advice as new regulations or areas come into force; the implementation of internal risk processes and the provision of relevant training.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Risk & Compliance Lawyer:
- Answer queries from partners, fee earners and staff at all levels relating to the interpretation of relevant legislation, regulation and Firm policies pertaining to client and matter on-boarding, risk management, commercial risk issues and other compliance matters
- Devise and provide training on risk topics
- Liaise with the Firm’s regulators, particularly the SRA
- Liaise with all levels of staff within the Firm to advise and assist with the implementation of solutions to resolve operational risk issue
- Provide advice, interpret legislation and develop and implement policies and procedures. Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of policies and procedures and maintenance of internal know-how
- Work on ad hoc projects that arise from to-to-time
With 4 years+ in legal Risk & Compliance, you will be experienced in working in a a top tier law firm. A strong technical skill set and the ability to develop the firms overall Risk & Compliance strategy is essential.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career in to role offering considerable autonomy and flexibility, this Senior Risk & Compliance Lawyer is for you.
Apply today or call me on 020 7509 8170 to find out more.