Lawyer/Manager - Risk & Compliance
Salary £55,000 - £75,000 per annum
Location Greater ManchesterFULL_TIME
Consultant Vivianne Joor
Date posted 23 July 20192019-07-23 2019-09-21 legal Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 55000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This role would be part of the internal New Business Intake team, in order to manage the firm's risk and provides internal advice on legal compliance issues. This would include, but not limited to, conflicts, anti-money laundering, client due diligence, reputational/commercial risk, sanctions and confidentiality. This role will include line management responsibility, to encourage high quality of performance and personal/professional development.
- Dealing with the Firm’s more difficult CDD issues, particularly in relation to companies and trusts (analysing documents provided by clients and advising whether further information is needed)
- Managing the Manchester New Business Intake team including: appraisals, objective setting, performance management and quality control
- Ensure the team acts as a cohesive team and works collaboratively with all other parts of the firm
- Analyse and make decisions on conflicts and other compliance issues for mandates already undertaken by the Firm, or to be undertaken by the Firm.
- Ensuring policy and guidance is up to date, in line with global requirements and adheres to relevant regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the development, administration, monitoring and maintenance of policies and procedures and ensure conflicts, confidentiality, reputational risk, anti-money laundering, sanctions and related issues are dealt with consistently and efficiently across the firm.
- Answer queries from partners, fee earners and staff at all levels relating to the interpretation of relevant legislation, regulation and firm policies pertaining to conflicts of interest, regulatory compliance and anti-money laundering.
- Act as a technical escalation point/mentor for the team.
- Carrying out conflict searches using data submitted by partners and other fee earners
- Liaising with partners, staff and other members of the Risk team to facilitate the prompt resolution of commercial and legal conflict issues identified from conflict searches.
- Carry out and supervise other discrete conflicts, anti-money laundering and compliance research or projects and auditing as necessary.
- Promote continuous improvement principles across the Manchester and Global teams focusing on service delivery improvements, identifying opportunities to improve efficiency or reduce the cost of the service to the business, and measurement of improvements;
- Educated to Law degree level, with experience as either a fee earner or senior member of a Risk & Compliance team at an International Law Firm
- The ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems.
- Understands the professional bar rules and AML regulations applicable to the firm’s activities across a number of jurisdictions; keeps abreast of changes and of case law/commentaries
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- A high standard of written and oral communication
- Able to work to tight deadlines and shows resilience under pressure – used to working to a very high standard of accuracy and efficiency
Apply today or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.