Privacy & In-house Lawyer
Salary £115,000 - £125,000 per annum
Consultant Donna Witten
Date posted 13 July 20192019-07-13 2019-09-11 legal London London GB GBP 115000 125000 125000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Privacy & In-house Lawyer is responsible for in-house support on data privacy matters and implementing the firms privacy programme. You will be working closely with the Chief's Information Security officer along with the existing privacy lawyer and the firms Information Security Analyst.
The Privacy & In-house Lawyer based in London at a top 50 firm will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing in-house legal advice on all privacy matters that relate to the firm’s practice, including liaising with the firm’s Privacy Partner and General Counsel and overseas offices;
- Devising and maintaining the firm’s data privacy policies and procedures and working to ensure the firm’s systems are designed and developed in a way to minimise privacy-related risks;
- Designing and delivering internal training in relation to the firm’s own approach to data privacy, providing tailored guidance and rolling out regular firm-wide communications across the firm;
- Engaging in the drafting, negotiating and reviewing of the data privacy aspects of agreements with clients and 3rd parties, including suppliers;
- Drafting and advising on data privacy documentation such as data sharing and transfer agreements, data privacy impact and legitimate interests assessments.
Salary of £110 000- £125 000 with the option to work 2 days from home or on a part time basis.