Senior AML & Conflicts Analyst
Salary £45,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Vivianne Joor
Date posted 04 July 20192019-07-04 2019-09-02 legal London London GB GBP 45000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A new and exciting Senior Risk Analyst opportunity has just become available with a well-known Multinational Law Firm. To analyse and make decisions on conflicts and other compliance issues (Anti-Money laundering, including costumer due diligence) for mandates already undertaken by the Firm, or to be undertaken by the Firm (including foreign offices).
- Analyse and make decisions on conflicts and other compliance issues for mandates already undertaken by the Firm, or to be undertaken by the Firm.
- Carrying out conflict searches using data submitted by partners and other fee earners
- Liaising with partners, staff and other members of the Risk team to facilitate the prompt resolution of commercial and legal conflict issues identified from conflict searches.
- Identifying potential conflicts issues and escalating them to more senior members of the Compliance team (as well as assisting with any legal research and analysis which may be required)
- Reviewing existing compliance policy and guidance.
- Dealing with the Firm’s more difficult CDD issues, particularly in relation to companies and trusts (analysing documents provided by clients and advising whether further information is needed)
- Ensuring policy and guidance is up to date, in line with global requirements and adheres to relevant regulatory requirements.
- Advising the practice on ad-hoc regulatory and risk issues and application of policy.
- Carrying out risk assessments at client inception and also when CDD records are updated to see whether the client presents a higher than usual risk of money laundering
- Carrying out research to establish whether there is any adverse press about a prospective client and assessing its relevance providing AML training to support staff
- Assisting in relation to the firm’s professional indemnity and general insurances.
- Analysing information contained in the Firm's conflict management systems.
- Liaising with both partners and lawyers to establish whether a conflict of interest exists, or is likely to in future, often in the context of a range of related matters, many of which are highly complex transactions.
- Educated to degree level (Law degree preferred).
- The ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records. A high standard of written and oral communication
- In depth knowledge of CDD requirements
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; previous experience with Elite would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Responsive to the demands of lawyers and the ability to work under pressure.
If you are career focussed and want to take the next step, this Senior Conflicts & AML Analyst role is for you.
Apply today or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.