Salary £30,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Vivianne Joor
Date posted 04 July 20192019-07-04 2019-09-02 legal London London GB GBP 30000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The purpose of the role is to support the AML Manager and Global Head of AML in ensuring effective client and matter risk controls are followed in relation to financial crime and other regulatory obligations.
- Responsible for the day to-day assessment of new and existing clients of the firm
- Assessing the risk profile of new and existing clients.
- Client Due Diligence (CDD) process, client care and sanctions issues with minimal supervision
- Assessing the overall suitability of a client for the firm, having regard to regulatory, reputational and commercial considerations. Monitoring existing clients and updating relevant details.
- Liaising with partners and lawyers throughout the Firm where appropriate.
- High risk client, PEP and Business Acceptance Committee Processes
- Client Care and Engagement Terms
- Sanctions monitoring and advisory processes, assists with the firm's internal audit processes
- Anti-bribery procedures
- Compliance auditing and non-compliance reporting
- Reviews and risk assesses all new matters, including advising on matter and billing structure, engagement terms and inter-office working arrangements
- Advising the firm on its AML, ABC and professional ethical compliance obligations and standards
- Reviews and updates internal compliance policies and procedures
- Educated to degree level.
- Experienced in compliance, ideally gained in a leading international law practice.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Proven ability to solve problems in a methodical, practical way and provide solutions to client issuesA high standard of written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to adapt to new processes and technology
- Knowledge of applicable anti-money laundering regulations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Responsive to the demands of lawyers and the ability to work under pressure.
If you are career focussed and want to take the next step, this AML Analyst role is for you.
Apply today or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more